Maintenance of gold-plated jewelry
- Jewelry can get wet, however, avoiding contact with water will make the gold plating of your jewelry more durable.
- Avoid contact with chemicals:soaps, perfumes, cleaning products, etc….
- Do not leave the jewelry exposed to the sun for a long time
- Important note about the contact of jewelry with body sweat: In general, contact with sweat does NOT damage the jewelry, but on very rare occasions, there are people with a more aggressive PH that will cause the gold plating to last a shorter time and unfortunately, nothing can be done here.
- The jewels can be cleaned with any product to clean gold or silver or with a simple cloth with soap and water.
- Proper maintenance/use of the jewel guarantees a long duration of the gold plating. In any case, after the years, once the gold plating disappears, the jewel can be plated again in gold again.